Welcome to the DDI-CDS app page. Tools to improve patient safety are listed below. These are based on our CDS algorithms using open, free, and standards-based health information technology standards (SMART on FHIR).
The first app related to Warfarin and Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) is currently undergoing testing. If you are physician, pharmacist, or informaticist, we are interested in having you “test” drive the tool and completing a short survey. This app is a “shared-decision making” app – designed to have a healthcare professional have a discussion with a patient about the combination of the two medications.
The second app (Colchicine- CYP3A4/PGP inhibitors) is another tool to assist clinicians to assess the risk of harm when using these types of medications concurrently. This tool is still under development and testing at this time.
Warfarin-NSAIDs Drug Interaction App (DDInteractTM )
Click here to watch watch a short video that explains how the app was designed to work.
- You can demo the app by:
- Running it like a risk calculator Launch
- Selecting any of the following patient profiles
- Patient born in 1970 and taking warfarin 4 MG tablet, sulindac 200 MG tablet, and spironolactone 100 MG tablet – Launch
- Patient born in 1952 and taking warfarin 4 MG tablet and sulindac 200 MG tablet with a history of GI bleeding – Launch
- Patient born in 1940 and taking warfarin 10 MG tablet, prednisone 20 MG tablet, and ketorolac tromethamine 10 MG tablet – Launch
- Patient born in 1970 and taking warfarin 10 MG tablet and ketorolac tromethamine 10 MG tablet – Launch
- Patient born in 1952 and taking 4 MG warfarin tablet and a topical diclofenac lotion – Launch
Please provide us with your feedback!!
We are interested in your opinions about our tool. Below is a link to a confidential survey. At the end of the survey you have the option to enter a drawing for one of ten $100 Amazon gift card! (drawing open to the first 100 participants)
We would welcome any other comments you have. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DDInteractTM* is a shared decision making tool designed to assist both prescribers and patients understand the risks of bleeding while taking warfarin with and without NSAIDs. The app was designed with input from physicians, pharmacists, patients, and human factors researchers. *Trademark pending
DDI-CDS for Colchicine – Cytochrome P450 3A4/P-glycoprotein Inhibitors
We have built a SMART app to support clinician decision making for situations where a patient is at risk for an adverse event due to colchicine toxicity caused by inhibition of the metabolism of colchicine by an inhibitor of both Cytochrome P450 3A4 and P-glycoprotein.
- You can try the app out yourself by clicking on any of the following patient profiles
Please provide us with feedback!
Email us at email@example.com
Funding for developing the DDInteractTM came from grant U18 HS027099 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Funding for developing the app for colchicine – cytochrome P450 3A4/P-glycoprotein inhibitors came from AHRQ grant R01HS025984.